Answered By: Rich Gause Last Updated: Dec 12, 2014 Views: 373
"The office of Student Legal Services seeks to provide qualified students at the University of Central Florida with legal counseling and court representation in certain cases. The staff attorneys interview each client individually to advise in the areas of law that concern the student. Cases which are not covered by the program guidelines are referred to appropriate agencies or private attorneys through a lawyer referral service. The operation of the program is subject at all times to the rules and regulations promulgated by the Supreme Court of Florida and the Board of Governors of the Florida Bar. The program is approved by the Florida Bar and is staffed by licensed attorneys."
"The purpose of this program is to encourage students to seek the advice of an attorney when they anticipate or encounter legal difficulties. The on-campus attorneys will advise students on any type of legal problem, with the exception of those situations listed under Restrictions.
In addition, legal representation up to and including all stages of trial will be provided in certain types of cases, of which the following are representative:
- Landlord/tenant problems affecting students living arrangements in the community.
- Consumer problems confronting individual students.
- Discrimination problems encountered by students in securing housing or employment in the community.
- Traffic violations, including criminal and Driving Under Influence (DUI) cases.
- Dissolution (uncontested).
- Name changes.
- Simple wills.
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7)."